If you like icecream, make sure you read this!

In the old days when ice cream was made of whole eggs, milk and sugar and laboriously cranked out in the old home freezer, a serving of ice cream was only an occasional family treat which didn’t do much harm. Today in this mass producing, synthetic age, it is another matter entirely. Today you may be treating your family to poison! Ice cream manufacturers are not required by law to list the additives used in the manufacturing of their product. Consequently, today most ice creams are synthetic from start to finish. Analysis has shown the following ingredients used in commercial ice cream:
DIETHYGLYCOL: A cheap chemical used as an emulsifier instead of eggs is the same chemical used in antifreeze and in paint removers.
PIPERONAL: Used in place of vanilla. This chemical is used to kill lice.
ALDEHYDE C-17: Used to flavor cherry ice cream. It is an inflammable liquid also used in aniline dyes, plastic and rubber.
ETHYL ACETATE: Used to give ice cream a pineapple flavor—and as a cleaner for leather and textiles; its vapors have been known to cause chronic lung, liver and heart damage.
BUTYRALDEHYDE: used in nut flavored ice cream. It is one of the ingredients of rubber cement.
AMYLACETATE: Used for its banana flavor. It is also used as an oil paint solvent.
BENZYL ACETATE: Used for its strawberry flavor. It is a nitrate solvent.
The next time you are tempted by a luscious looking banana split sundae made with commercial ice cream, think of it as a mixture of antifreeze, oil paint, nitrate solvent, and lice killer; and you won’t find it so appetizing.
—taken from PPNF Health Journal

Leave a Reply